Monday, January 3, 2011

Haute Couture Hiking Boots

It's no fun to trudge through snow. However, it's even worse to do it wearing a pair of gross hiking boots. This past weekend, I saw an appalling number of women walking around Manhattan in shoes that looked swiped from a man's closet, and said man dug septic tanks for a living. Listen up ladies, if a shoe looks like a prop from Indiana Jones or Saving Private Ryan it has no business near any non-sewer-constructing foot, let alone yours.



Here's my simple solution. These babies are the most comfortable shoes I own (besides my work out trainers, of course). Are they nearly-four-inch heels? Yes. Can I still walk around in them all day and then go dance my ass off in them at night? (resting for a few cocktails, granted) Yes.

These ankle boots by Circa Joan and David feature gripped soles like you'd find in hiking boots. In fact, the grips/high heel combination create the perfect solution to treading over ice and puddles in style.

These are so versatile I wear them with jeans (skinny and trouser), leggings, or even a dainty frock and tights. Come to think of it, I paired them with this sequin dress on my birthday last month.

I'm not one to wear Joe the plumber's footwear around town (in case I failed to make that clear). So these little darlings, no, I really could not survive in this tundra without.

Circa Joan and David Rover Ankle Boots, $170 www.macys.com.

1 comment:

  1. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for such a nice content.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look Learn More thanks

    ReplyDelete