Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Words of Wisdom

Happy Friday to all! I'm as eager as a recess-deprived kindergardener to start the weekend, and know many of you can relate. Thank you all for reading, and I hope what I'm doing here brings you as much enjoyment as it brings me to do it.

As you all know well by now, I'm a consumer at heart and mind. I write about products that I enjoy or want. I want something new everyday, have since my earliest memory, and doubt I'll ever see the day when there is absolutely nothing I want. After all, not only am I human, I am woman. It seems natural to me.

But there are times when the bank account sinks just a little too low for comfort, and I have to ask myself, "why exactly do I want these things, as opposed to say, a larger savings account? and do these things I buy actually make my life better?" The answer is usually yes, and my posts generally go on to justify why...

Nevertheless, sometimes in order to truly appreciate the things we purchase, we need to be reminded that shopping is a privilege, not an endless scavenger hunt. In order to remind myself of this, I'm dedicating Fridays to inspirational truths about consuming. Expect simple and profound words of wisdom, coming from the wisest of the wise.

So without further adieu...

"I will only say now that elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity. Outside this, believe me, there is no elegance. Only pretension.

Elegance is not dependent on money. Of the four things I have mentioned above, the most important of all is care. Care in choosing your clothes. Care in wearing them. Care in keeping them.

But it is possible for a woman to be elegant without spending very much money on her clothes, if she follows the basic rules of Fashion and is careful to choose the clothes that suit her personality

Simplicity, good taste and grooming are the three fundamentals of good dressing and these do not cost money.

Grooming is the secret of real elegance. The best clothes, the most wonderful jewels, the most glamourous beauty don't count without good grooming."

-Christian Dior

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of whaticantlivewithouttoday blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete