Friday, January 14, 2011

A Coat That Loves You Back


It took me this far into the Fall/Winter season to do it, but I finally hopped on the faux fur bandwagon after weeks of deliberation.

Cons:
1. Maintenance: dry clean only
2. Limited Wearability: not tolerant of rain or snow
3. Trendiness: you always have to ask, "How long until this bandwagon drives off a cliff?" translation: "Will I be able to wear this next season?"

Pros:
1. Trendiness: you always have to ask, "But to what level of fabulous-ity (p.s. I'm coining this phrase right now) will it take my outfit this season?" Set at high 10, this coat was an easy 22.
2. Fabulous-ity: see Pro 1.
3. Warmth: it's soooo warm and cozy. Like wearing a cuddly teddy bear. (Note: teddy bear, not cuddly baby bear cub, which is why we prefer le faux).
4. L-O-V-E: As demonstrated by Pro 3. At the end of the day, isn't Love really all you need? Wearing this coat, I truly feel embraced with affection. And because no, I do not own a puppy and I need to be loved by my clothes.



Fancy Fur Coat, $175 www.frenchconnection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment